Seminar - Selected Topics in (Mobile) Security
In this Seminar we will discuss recent research results in various practical and theoretical areas of security. You can find a preliminary list of these topics below. In addition, we will pick up on a few security-related topics that are less concerned with research results but are rather of a more general interest. This year these topic will be "Censorship and Website Blocking", "Electronic ID Cards", and "Electronic Health Cards".
First meeting and topic assignment on July 16th at 5pm
Block Seminar held on January 22nd and 23rd (10 am - 6 pm)
Target Audience: Diploma students, SSE, Bachelor students
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge on cryptography and network security (e.g. having attended "Sichere Verteilte Systeme", "IT-Security 1", or "Kryptographie")
What is expected from each participant?
15 - 20 pages of original text handed in well before the seminar 45 minutes of presentation + 15 minutes answers to questions
Visiting all presentations of the other students + active participation in the discussion
Note that most of the literature will be in English. Presentation language will be adapted to the needs of the participants. Papers may be handed in in German or English.
List of Topics include:
- Online Gaming Security
- SQL-Injection including particular vulnerability
- The most efficient SHA-1 attacks
- Side Channel Attacks with an emphasize on optical side channels
- Colour visual cryptography schemes
- MAC layer bisbehavior in wireless networks: challenges + solutions
- Selfishness in mesh networks: wired multihop MANETs
- Anomaly detection in wireless sensor networks
- Secure Handover in enterprise WLANs: capwap, hokey, 802.11R
- Alternative Authentication methods such as shake well before use, and using visible laser light