Security Lab 2011
SWS: 4, ECTS: 8.0, Maximum number of participants: 12
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Ulrike Meyer
Teaching Assistant: Georg Neugebauer, Mark Schloesser
- Bi-weekly exercises
- weekly meetings in the Security Lab in the UMIC Building (Room 205 on the second floor, Mies-van-der-Rohe Strasse 15): Tuesday, 02:00 pm
- First Meeting: 12.04.2011, 02:00 pm
- basic knowledge on security (e.g. have attended the IT-Security Lecture, the Security in Mobile Communications Lecture, or the SVS lecture)
- basic linux skills
- at least decent or advanced programming skills in one language
- decent knowledge of networking (TCP/IP)
All of the following topics will be discussed and practical attacks will be performed.
- wireless technologies in practice
- network traffic analysis
- implementing security protocols
- key recovery in cryptographic ciphers
- web application security (e.g. cross-site scripting)
- code analysis
- analyzing malware samples
- reverse engineering
- physical security
You will get assigned common tasks every two weeks that you work on in the lab or at home. Each participant has to introduce a special part of a selected topic in a short 30 minute lecture. Be prepared to spend some time in the lab. At the end of the semester you will test your skills in a CTF-like event.
YT LNAJ DTZ FS NRUWJXXNTS TK YMJ QFG YFXPX MJWJ NX F XRFQQ KTWJSXNH HMFQQJSLJ YT XYFWY YMJ KZS...
VJGTG CTG UGXGTCN JKFFGP OGUUCIGU KP VJKU KOCIG. VTA VQ HKPF VJGO CPF UGPF AQWT UQNWVKQP VQ IGQTI QT OCTM. JCXG HWP!