Marián Kühnel, M.Sc. Ing.
UMIC Research Centre, Room 212
Phone : +49 241 80 20790
Fax : +49 241 80 22731
E-Mail : kuehnel AT itsec.rwth-aachen.de
PGP : public key
Office hours: drop me an email
- Mobile Networks, Mobile Malware, Android Security
- IDPSs, Honeypots
- Asymmetric Cryptography
- M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: Classification of Short Messages Initiated by Mobile Malware. The 1st International Workshop on Malware Analysis (WMA'16) held in conjunction with the 11th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2016), Salzburg (Austria), August 2016. (accepted)
- S. Wüller, M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: Information Hiding in the Public RSA Modulus. The 4th ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security (IH & MMSEC 2016), Vigo, Spain, June 2016. (Best Paper Award)
- M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: Applying Highly Space Efficient Blacklisting on Mobile Malware, Logic Journal of the IGPL, Oxford Journals, Online ISSN 1367-0751. (to appear)
- M. Kühnel, J. Abendroth, U. Meyer: Social Network Analysis of Mobile Malware Initiating SMS Messages. The 2nd Workshop on Security in Highly Connected IT Systems (SHCIS'15) held in conjunction with the 20th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS 2015), Wien (Austria), September 2015.
- M. Kühnel, M. Smieschek, U. Meyer: Fast Identification of Obfuscation and Mobile Advertising in Mobile Malware. The 14th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-15), Helsinki (Finland), August 2015.
- S. Wüller, M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: Information Hiding in the Public RSA Modulus, RWTH Aachen University. Technical Report, AIB-2015-11, June 2015.
- M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: Highly Space Efficient Blacklisting. The 7th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Security for Information Systems (CISIS'14), Bilbao (Spain), June 2014.
- M. Kühnel, U. Meyer: 4GMOP: Mopping the Malware Initiated Traffic in Mobile Networks. The 16th Information Security Conference (ISC 2013), Dallas (USA), November 2013.
- M. Hoche, H. Kirsch, M. Kühnel: D4.2: Methods for Classification, Assessment, Treatment and Evaluation of Information Security Risk - Continous Security Risk Reduction for Critical Information Infrastructures. ASMONIA Project, May 2013.
- M. Hoche, H. Kirsch, M. Kühnel: D4.1 (II): Recommender System for Security Risk Reduction - Situational Awareness for Critical Information Infrastructures. ASMONIA Project, December 2012.
- P. Schoo, M. Schäfer, A. Egners, H. Hofinger, S. Wessel, M. Kühnel, S. Todt and M. Montag. Collaboration Between Competing Mobile Network Operators to Improve CIIP, the 7th Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2012), Lillehammer (Norway), September 2012.
- M. Kühnel: RSA Vulnerabilities with Small Prime Difference. Research in Cryptology - 4th Western European Workshop (WEWoRC 2011), Weimar (Germany), July 2012.
- M. Kühnel: Vulnerable Relations of Prime Factors in the RSA Cryptosystem, 15. Kryptotag, Oldenburg (Germany), December 2011.
- Dynamic Analysis, F2F Workshop, Munich (Germany), October 2015.
- Fast Identification of Obfuscation and Mobile Advertising in Mobile Malware, IEEE TrustCom-15, Helsinki (Finland), August 2015.
- Static Analysis, F2F Workshop, Espoo (Finland), July 2015.
- Dynamic Analysis of Android Apps, F2F Workshop, Aachen (Germany), May 2015.
- Highly Space Efficient Blacklisting, CISIS'14, Bilbao (Spain), June 2014.
- Mopping the Malware Initiated Traffic in Mobile Networks, ISC 2013, Dallas (USA), November 2013.
- Messing with Android's Permission Model, IEEE TrustCom-12, Liverpool (UK), June 2012.
- Malware Analysis, ASMONIA Workshop 2012, Aachen (Germany), March 2012.
- Vulnerable Relations of Prime Factors in the RSA Cryptosystem, 15. Kryptotag, Oldenburg (Germany), December 2011.
- Group Encryption, Friday talk, Aachen (Germany), Oktober 2011.
- Trapping Hackers, Tales From My Research, MyPhD Workshop, Erlangen (Germany), September 2011.
- RSA Vulnerabilities with Small Prime Difference, WeWoRC 2011, Weimar (Germany), July 2011.
- Detecting Malware Initiating Traffic on Mobile Devices. UMIC Day 2012.
- SS 15: Proseminar - Kryptographie
- WS 14/15: Data Communication and Internet Technology
- SS 13: Seminar - Selected Topics in IT-Security
- WS12/13: Data Communication and Internet Technology
- SS 12: Seminar - Selected Topics in IT-Security and Cryptography
- WS 11/12: IT Security 1 - Network Security
- Analysis of Internet Communication Initiated by Mobile Malware Targeting Android Devices.
- Genealogy of Mobile Malware Targeting the Android OS.
- Information Hiding in the Public RSA Modulus.
- A Case Study of Vendor-Specific Update Policies in the Android Ecosystem. (co-supervisor is Mark Schlösser)
- Classification of Mobile Malware with the Help of Machine Learning Techniques.
- Analysis and Detection of Botnets using SMS for Command and Control Traffic on the Android Platform.
- Entropy based Bytecode Detection for the ARM Architecture.